Having an interest in any exercise sporting activity starts early. Whether you are a motorcyclist, biker, or skateboarder, we all started somewhere and it was never easy. Luckily, with the introduction of scooters, kids have somewhere to start their journey with guaranteed safety, comfort, and fun. 3-wheel scooters have multiple benefits, such as improving coordination, balance, and learning motion.
They come in a wide range of sizes, colors, and designs, you can get a model that will suit your kid. What makes the improved models unique are the integrated LED lights on the wheels to bring more fun and provide safety at night. Below is our guide with the best picks in the market.
List of Best 3 Wheel Scooter for Kids in 2023
#10. Zicosy Kids Scooter 3 Wheel Scooter
Are you looking for a 3-wheel scooter for kids that come with all the safety gears to keep your kid safe? If yes, Zicosy kid’s scooter is a great option to consider as it guarantees your kid’s safety and more playing time.
This scooter has an adjustable handlebar with 3 height-adjustable options that help kids of 2 years and above to adjust to their comfortable height. The 3-wheel scooter has a lightweight design and the handlebar is foldable to ease transport and storage. It uses a tilt steering mechanism that makes it easy for kids to learn how to roll and promote their coordination, balance, and develop their motor skills.
The front wheel is 2-inches wide with a flashing light and the steering wheel lights up in different flashing colors to give your kid more fun. In addition, it has a heavy-duty construction that accommodates up to 150 pounds and the corrosion-resistant design of the front panel will provide better performance.
- It has a 120mm x 50mm front wheel that provides stability
- Features an adjustable handlebar with 3 height adjustments
- Uses a tilt steering mechanism for control
- Equipped with flashing lights on the front wheel and the steering wheel
- It holds up to 150 pounds
- The scooter is heavy-duty and corrosion-resistant
- LED illuminated design will provide your kids with ultimate fun
- It comes 100% assembled
- This scooter is lightweight and hassle-free to store
- The scooter is very low to the ground
- It’s tilt steer mechanism can be a bit tricky for some kids.
#9. LOL-FUN Toddler Scooter for Kids
Are you tired of buying scooters every time because your kid grows too fast? This scooter is the best to purchase for kids aged 3-12 years old as it grows with your children. The handlebar has 4 adjustable heights that accommodate kids of 3 to 12 years old.
This scooter comes when fully assembled to save you the assembly hassle and it’s lightweight design makes it hassle-free to transport anywhere. It has double luminous bands on the wheels, where bring more fun ton to kids. Besides, the bearings are made from quality materials that enhance better performance and they can withstand tough elements.
Overall, the 3-wheel scooter is one of the best to purchase because it is strong enough to accommodate up to 110lbs and it is suitable for kids aged 3 years and above. Furthermore, it is shock-absorbing and wear-resistant so that you can rely on it for long.
- It has a full-body rubber cover
- Features a durable deck and cover
- Equipped with a frosted aluminum handlebar
- Fitted with 2” wide and 5” in diameter wheels
- The handlebar is adjustable to 4 different heights
- It has multi-layer thickening for extra strength
- The scooter is shock absorbent slip-resistant
- It is foldable and easy to store scooter
- No assembly needed
- It is a bit hard to turn left or right.
#8. SULIVES 3 Wheel Scooter for Kids
This is another quality scooter that will help kids improve their coordination, balance, and develop their motor skills. It is one of the best scooters that will give your kids enough safety and help them play with more confidence.
The scooter is equipped with heavy-duty and strong PU wheels, and the wheels have shining lights that will bring more to your kids when they start rotating. It has an adjustable handlebar, T-bar with a twisting lock that can be adjusted from 26 to 34 inches. You can easily control the turning and balance using your physical incline
What you will love about the scooter is the heavy-duty construction that holds up to 150lbs, the comfortable grip pads, and the powerful anti-slip deck that ensures a safe ride. The other good thing is that the T-handle can be installed and folded with hands and when folded it doesn’t need much space for storage.
- Equipped with bright LED lights on the wheels
- Features adjustable handlebars that kids aged 3 to 12 years
- Designed to hold up to 150lbs
- It uses a lean-to-steer control mechanism
- Features a rear braking system for safety
- The folding mechanism helps reduce the storage space
- Reliable and strong enough to withstand everyday use
- It is safe and comfortable to use
- The widened wheel design makes it hard to turn and maneuver
- It does not adjust smoothly.
#7. Gomo Kids Scooter 2-5 Years Old
This is the best scooter you should buy your kid because it provides them with security when learning how to ride. It is lightweight enough for your kid to carry anywhere and it doesn’t need much space for storage.
The scooter features a simple to use steering that helps your children practice body coordination and balance. It has a rubber grip and a deck that allows your kids to place their fit comfortably as their practice riding fast. Furthermore, there is a simple to use brake that helps your kid brake safely even at top speeds.
What you will love about this scooter is how it adjusts well with your kid and it helps them gain more confidence. You can adjust the T-bar from 26 to 31.5 inches. This way, you don’t need to buy a new scooter every time your kid gets a year older.
- It has an adjustable T-bar from 26 to 31.5-inches
- Fitted with PU wheels that can be used on any terrain
- Lightweight scooter weighs 5.5 pounds
- It has a foot brake for safe braking
- Features a deck and a rubber grip for leg placement
- The scooter is lightweight and flexible to use anywhere
- Helps your children develop balance and coordination
- Assembly work is hassle-free using the included tools and instructions
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- The handlebars are hard to turn right or left
- Wheels are not strong enough.
#6. Micro Kickboard 3-Wheeled Scooter
Innovative Micro has been known for years by families for it’s long-lasting and safe-to-use scooters for adults and children. It has designed this heavy-duty scooter with a 3-wheel design to give your kid a smooth ride on different surfaces.
The scooter has a lean-to-steer design that provides you’re a stable ride that will support your as they curve and carve the sidewalks. This 3-wheel scooter is powerful enough to accommodate a maximum of 110lbs and lightweight enough to be carried anywhere. Furthermore, it has an adjustable T-bar that grows with your kid from age 5 to age 12.
Overall, there is no assembly required and there is an included wrench that helps parents adjust the handlebar to the perfect height that will suit their kid. Furthermore, the flexible design makes it simple to move anywhere and you won’t require much space for storage.
- It has a 3-wheel design for a smooth ride
- Features a lean-to-steer design for a stable ride
- It supports a maximum weight of 110lbs
- Equipped with an adjustable T-bar
- Included wrench makes it easy to adjust the handlebar
- It provides your kid with ultimate control and movement
- The scooter is flexible and simple to use
- Grows with your kids from 5 to 12 years
- The color fades fast when left out exposed to sun rays
- It is not great for anyone on a budget.
#5. ChromeWheels Scooter for Kids
This scooter from ChromeWheels has a 3-wheel design that will provide you with a smooth and stable ride on different surfaces. With this scooter, children can keep balance and coordination, and it can be used by a rider of any skill level.
It has an aluminum alloy handlebar with an adjustable height from 20.5-inches to 27.5-inches. The scooter can a maximum weight of 110lbs and it is suited for kids aged 3-6 years. Furthermore, you can control the balance and turning using your physical incline, and it has an easy-to-access rear brake for secure stops.
What you will love about the scooter is the heavy-duty aluminum construction and nylon composites that will your kid years of use. Moreover, it has handles with comfortable grip pads and an anti-slip deck that gives you a stable and safe ride.
- Fitted with laminated PU wheels
- Wheels have ABEC-7 bearings that ensure a smooth and speedy glide
- Features an aluminum alloy handlebar
- Handlebar is adjustable from 20.5 to 27.5 inches
- It can handle a maximum weight limit of 110lbs
- Made of heavy-duty aluminum and nylon composites
- Features urethane wheels with built-in LED lights
- Detachable design makes it simple to carry and store
- Simple design makes it ideal for any skill level
- The braking system is safe and simple to use
- It gives a smooth and quiet ride
- The lights are not bright enough
- It is a bit hard for smaller kids to use it.
#4. Swagtron K5 3-Wheel Kids Scooter
With this 3-wheel kid’s scooter, you can keep your ids playing, active, and growing. Whether your kid is a beginner or graduating, the K5 3-wheel scooter for kids will be the best way to keep them active and busy for hours.
The scooter is designed to grow with your kid and it can support up to 100 pounds. It features sturdy wheels with LED lights that bring more fun to your kid’s ride and the wheels can be used on a wide range of surfaces.
Never worry about your kid’s safety because the scooter exceeds ASTM consumer safety specifications and its balanced design will ensure your kid doesn’t fall accidentally. In addition, it weighs 5.5 pounds and it doesn’t require complicated tools for assembly.
- It has a height-adjustable stem
- Strong enough to support up to 100 pounds
- Fitted with sturdy wheels with bright LED lights
- Weighs 5.5 pounds
- It has a pivot-style turning system
- The scooter offers good support and balance
- It is lightweight and easy to assemble
- This 3-wheel scooter is weather-resistant and impact-resistant
- Made from quality and durable materials
- The customer support is not reliable
- It is hard to take sharp corners.
#3. Kicksy Wheels Scooter
Meet this heavy-duty 3-wheel scooter for kids with LED lights that light up in different flashing colors, adding more fun to your kid’s ride. Kids love this feature as it makes them feel special and compete with confidence.
It has a heavy-duty construction that helps the scooter withstand everyday use and abuse. Furthermore, it uses a lean-to-steer technology that enables your kid to develop coordination and balance skills.
Well, the self-balancing scooter offers a smooth ride and quiet operation while giving the needed support and stability for your kid. Moreover, the PU flashing wheels light up while moving and they can move smoothly on all surfaces whether smooth or bumpy.
- Fitted with LED lights on the wheels
- It has an adjustable handlebar with 4 adjustable heights
- Made of heavy-duty and durable construction
- Uses a lean-to-steer technology for total control
- Features sturdy and strong PU flashing lights
- It provides a smooth and quiet ride
- Helps develop your kid’s balance and coordination skills
- The scooter grows with your kid and it can hold up to 110lbs
- Breaks are reliable and made from stainless steel ABS
- The steering design is poor and the deck flexes too much
- Only suitable for kids aged 3 years and below.
#2. 6KU Scooter for Kids Aged 3-5 Years
The 6KU scooter for kids is the best choice for kids aged 2-5 years old. It is designed to give your kids a smooth ride and the simple steering helps kids steer in any direction without any difficulties.
This 3-wheel scooter is made from plastic composites and an aluminum alloy handlebar that enable the scooter to accommodate up to 110lbs. Immediately your kid starts to ride, the LED lights on the wheels provide a cool light effect and the lights make your kid more visible at night for extra safety. Moreover, it has an adjustable handlebar and a T-bar with a lock that adjusts from 23 to 30 inches to accommodate children as they grow.
What you will love about the scooter is the lightweight design that helps you carry it anywhere and you won’t require much space to store it. It is the best scooter to get children who do not have enough balance to use a two-wheeled scooter. The lights help drivers passing by in advance to provide safety when riding at night.
- It features 3 PU reinforced wheels
- Equipped with a handlebar made of aluminum alloy
- Features a rear braking system made of 3 layers
- Handlebar is adjustable from 23 to 30 inches
- Fitted with LED flashing lights on the wheels
- The scooter guarantees a smooth, safe, and quiet ride
- Low-ground design makes it suitable for small kids
- It provides your kid with more fun and exercise
- One button release handlebar reduces storage space
- The quality of this scooter is a bit poor
- Lights are not bright enough
- It’s standing platform is not sturdy.
#1. Beleev Scooters for Kids
Lastly, we have this quality scooter with an adjustable handlebar, meaning it will grow with your kid and allow them to use it longer. It has 4 adjustable heights that make it great for kids aged 3 to 14 years.
The scooter has LED wheels that are bright enough to be seen during the day and neat at night. No batteries are required for the lights, where they get brighter the faster your kid goes. Beleev scooter uses a lean-to-steer technology that ensures ultimate control and balance. There is an aluminum rear-wheel foot brake that provides secure braking.
Overall, what you will love about the scooter is the low-ground design that makes it easy for your kids to hop on/off and the deck is large enough to accommodate both feet. The wheels and ABEC-7 bearings make your kid ride smooth, quiet, and stable.
- It is sturdy enough to support up to 110lbs
- Features an extra-wide deck that fits both feet
- Equipped with an adjustable handlebar with 4 height positions
- It has LED lights that don’t require batteries to operate
- Features ABEC-7 bearings and LED illuminated wheels
- Uses a lean-to-steer technology that maintains balance and turning
- This scooter is safe and comfortable to use
- It’s adjustable design grows perfectly with your kids
- Comes in different appealing color options
- The scooter is easy to assemble
- Not good for using on hardwood floors
- The customer service is poor.
Key Considerations when Buying a 3-Wheel Scooter for Kids
- Safety: Before buying a 3-wheel scooter for your kid, you have to keep this consideration in mind. You should check the manufacturer’s guidelines on the perfect age bracket for the scooter you want. It should have a simple to use braking system that will enable your kid make smooth stops without stepping down. Everything should be assembled firmly so that it doesn’t come loose when your kid is playing. For extra safety, you can buy a scooter that comes with a helmet, wrist guards, knee, and pads.
- Weight and Age Limit: All scooter manufacturers have a certain age and weight limit guideline where some add height restrictions. When buying a scooter, buy a model that suits your kid’s age, height, and weight for maximum fun and support. For the height, the best way is to buy a scooter with an adjustable handlebar so that it can grow with your kid.
- Flexibility: A 3-wheel scooter is meant to give your kid maximum comfort and fun whether playing indoor or outdoor. Go for a scooter with flexible and strong wheels that can maneuver smoothly on all surfaces without causing marks. The wheels should be strong enough to support your weight and that of the scooter.
Other than that, think about the handlebar. It should be adjustable to different heights to keep your kid comfortable. The steering system should be easy to steer on all sides so that your kid can move in any direction with no limitations.
With a 3-wheel scooter, you can limit the time your kid spends on the sofa playing video games or staying indoors. These toys have 3 strong wheels that allow your kids to have maximum fun on a wide range of surfaces, whether bumpy or smooth. In our review above, we have selected the best 3-wheel scooters for kids that will give them ultimate fun indoors and outdoors.