A UV light meter is an essential instrument in multiple industries that requires measuring the intensity of the UV radiation for different needs. The meters come in different types, where some are specific to the type of service they offer. You need to be keen during the purchase to ensure that you get the choice that will fulfill your needs to satisfaction.
The article brings you the buying guide to help you know what to consider during the purchase for maximum convenience. You also do not have to be stranded with multiple choices in the market as it samples the Top 10 Best UV Light Meters in 2023 for a quick search. You will land the best choice among the ten best.
List of Top 10 Best UV Light Meters in 2023
MeterTo Digital LCD U V Light Meter
The MeterTo UV light meter is ideal for measuring the U V C LED energy and intensity, making it reliable and convenient. It has a 0 – 200000μW/cm2 power measuring range and serves different functions efficiently for the best results. The three optical units that include mW/cm2, W/m2, and the default μW/cm2 ensures convenient operation.
The Uv light meter has a wide range of applications, making it very useful where it has a variety of measuring range, spectral range, and the size of the test hole. It comes with a clear LCD screen that is easy to read the values with maximum accuracy. The screen can simultaneously display a range of values, including real-time, minimum, maximum, average, time, and energy values.
- Has a clear LCD screen
- Displays different values simultaneously
- Measures U V C LED energy and intensity
- 0 – 200000μW/cm2 power measuring range
- Has a wide range of applications
- Three different optional units
AMTAST UV340B UVA & UVB Light Measure Tester
The UV light meter is highly reliable as it uses LSI-circuit, and thus, you can use it confidently. The circuit also makes it durable for an extended period of use. It measures both UVA and UVB to ensure that it meets your needs for satisfaction. The clear and easy to read 3 3/4 LCD screen enhances accuracy while reading the values, and it has 3999 as the maximum indication.
It is very fast to sample using the UV light meter within 0.5 seconds, which enhances its reliability and convenience. It operates at a temperature range of 14~104°F to bring about accurate results where it has an accuracy level of 4%FS+2 digits.
- It measures both UVA and UVB
- Has an accuracy of 4%FS+2 digit
- 14~104°F measuring temperature range
- 290~390nm UV sensor spectrum
- It uses the LSI-circuit
- Comes with a 3 3/4 LCD screen
- Maximum indication of 3999
Extech UV510 Compact UV Light Meter
With 320 to 390Nm range for sensor wavelength, you can measure a considerable amount of area, which enhances its convenience and reliability. The UV sensor comes with cosine correction, which enables it to measure UVA light source irradiance up to 20.00mw/cm². It is effortless and easy to use, where it has zero, max, and minimum functions and the ability to hold data.
Reading the values from this UV light meter is effortless as it comes with a clear LCD screen. You can also use it comfortably in poorly lit areas or the dark as the LCD has a backlit design. It comes with an auto power-off where it turns off when it goes for long without use. You can also disable the function when you do not want it to auto-switch off.
- Comes with a backlit LCD screen
- An auto-power off feature with disable
- Has zero, max/min functions
- Cosine correction on the UV sensor
- Up to 20.00mw/cm² UVAlight sources measurement
- 320 to 390Nm sensor wavelength range
Sper Scientific 850009 UV Light Meter
You can apply the UV light meter on a wide range of applications, including dermatology, chromatography, electrophoresis, forensics enhancing its reliability and convenience. It is very helpful in measuring the museum and environment, damaging UV levels where it measures both UVA and UVB. It has a low battery indicator that lets you know the amount of power remaining. You can also carry it conveniently to different use places in the hard and foam-lined carry case.
The UV light meter is essential for different studies, including semiconductor, printing, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, window tainting, among other forms of industries. It comes with a large LCD screen that is easy and effortless to read the values for maximum accuracy. The backlit design makes it efficient for use in poorly lit areas or the dark for maximum convenience.
- Has a backlit large LCD screen
- Suitable for a range of studies and industries
- Measures both UVA and UVB light
- Includes a protective foam-lined carry case
- Automatically records up to 20 data points.
- Features a low battery indicator
- Suitable for long and medium UV light
Santacary Portable Ultraviolet AB Light Meter
The UV light meter is essential in measuring UV AB, although it does not measure its wavelength. It has a 0 to 2999 µW/cm2 measuring range that enables it to handle your different needs conveniently. It also has a 0 to 2999 µW/cm2 spectral detection range with a peak point of 352 nm, enhancing the reliability.
The UV light meter has a resolution of 1.0 µW/cm2 with ±4% ±1-digit measurement accuracy that enhances its convenience and reliability. With only one power button, it is effortless and easy to operate. It has a wide range of applications and is thus reliable. It operates with two AAA Alkaline batteries for efficient operation.
- Operates with two AAA Alkaline batteries
- Suitable for a wide range of applications
- 0 to 2999 µW/cm2 measuring range
- 240 to 370 nm spectral detection range
- Has a peak point of 352 nm
- ±4% ±1-digit measurement accuracy
- Has a resolution of 1.0 µW/cm2?
- Operates with only one power button
RCYAGO RGM-UVC UV Light Meter
The compact, lightweight, and handheld design of this UV light meter makes it efficient for use and carry to different locations. It features a UVC filter and operates with photosensitive imported UV devices to provide the best results. The cutoff characteristics are also excellent, giving the UV light meter its reliability and convenience. Reading the UVC irradiance values is effortless as it comes with a Clear LCD screen.
Using the UV light meter is effortless as it switches on by pressing and holding the push button. You need to have several measurements then find the average to ensure that you get the most accurate values. The imported sensor design ensures that there is no effect of stray light, UV glass, or probe material. The digital AD, on the other hand, has a high precision that enables it to have an accurate and stable display.
- Compact, lightweight, and handheld design
- Has a clear LCD screen
- Excellent cutoff characteristics
- Operates easily with the push button
- A digital AD with high precision
- Uses an imported sensor
- Usable on a range of applications
Extech UV505 Pocket UV-Ab Light Meter
You can comfortably use the UV light meter from different wavelengths as it has 290 to 390Nm to meet your needs efficiently. It is easy and effortless to read the values from the clear LCD screen and thus enhances maximum accuracy. The LCD has a backlit, which makes it ideal for use in poorly lit areas or the dark.
The zero function on this UV light meter further enhances the accuracy of the readings. It is very effective as it comes with a data hold function that freezes the current values on the screen for efficient use even when there is a delay while reading out. You can conveniently measure UV-AB with the meter. The meter saves energy by shutting off automatically after a long standby time with no use.
- Has a data hold function
- A clear and backlit LCD screen
- Measures UV-ab up to 40.00 MW/cm2 sources
- 290 to 390Nm sensor wavelength range
- Features a zero function
- Has an auto-power off function
- Wide range of application
- Comes with a storage pouch
ELEOPTION UV Detector Hand-held LCD Display
Five different operation functions come with this UV light meter that includes seconds, minutes, hour, date, and month for an efficient lead. It measures both UVA and UVB with a 0-20 UV index measurement that has a 0.5 increment range to meet your needs efficiently. It operates comfortably by using two 1.5V button cells.
The UV light meter comes with a 30-second alarm, which you can set in either a 12 or 24-hour system. You can easily read out the values from the meter as it comes with an LCD screen for efficient use. The chime enables and disables functions make it effortless and easy to use while it uses a four-year calendar.
- Features a clear LCD screen
- A 30-second alarm
- 0-20 UV index measurement
- It features five functions
- Uses a four-year calendar
- Has an enable or disable chime
- Measures both UVA and UVB
Solarmeter Model 6.5 UV Index Meter
The UV light meter measures the UV light index accurately to meet your needs efficiently. It is Erythemally Weighted with a wavelength range of 280nm to 400nm. The UV light index ranges from 0-199.9, which enables a convenient and reliable operation.
You can confidently rely on this UV light meters as it comes with a certificate for NIST Traceable Calibration. Using the meter is effortless and easy, where its compact design helps it fit into the hand for a one-hand operation. The wide range of applications makes it convenient for different areas of use.
- Has a wide range of applications
- High accuracy UV index
- 280nm to 400nm wavelength range
- 0-199. 9 UV index range
- Certificate for NIST Traceable Calibration inclusive
- It is compact with a handheld design
Solarmeter Model 6.5R Reptile UV Index
Scientists and brooders widely use this UV light meter to measure the UV light index for different purposes. It has a user-friendly interface with an easy operation design by pressing and holding the push button on the user interface.
Reading the values from the meter is effortless and easy as the UV light meter comes with a clear LCD screen. It operates with a 9V battery that lasts for up to two years, making it reliable and convenient for use. When the power falls below 6.5V, it starts dimming to help you know the time to change the battery.
- Has a clear LCD screen
- Operates with a battery
- Easy to use the push-button switch
- Ideal for breeders and scientists
- Provides accurate data
Points to notice
- Purpose: There is a wide range of UV light meter application, and your needs should dictate the type you choose. Ensure that it can handle all the requirements to avoid inconveniences.
- Efficiency: Several factors determine how efficient the UV light meter will serve you. An LCD screen, for instance, enables you to read accurate data so that you handle your needs efficiently. The ease of use also gets rid of the complications for instant results and prevents you from messing with the values.
- Cost: It is essential to have a budget during the purchase to avoid spending more than you have. The ten best products in the article will help you come up with the budget through the comparisons. The highest price does not always mean the highest quality and the same for the lowest. You, therefore, need to make an informed decision.
- NIST Certification: Knowing that the UV light meter that you are using is up to standards provides you with confidence during the operation. You, therefore, need to check on certification before purchase.
There are several areas where there is a need to test the UV radiation intensity to make certain decisions. You need to have the right meter to get the most accurate values for maximum convenience. The article above will guide you efficiently towards the best choice among the multiple in the market.